Land Conservation Transactions
Has a land trust (such as Columbia Land Trust), a watershed conservation group (e.g., The Freshwater Trust) or a government entity (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, for example) offered to purchase all or a portion of your property for conservation purposes? I provide a full range of legal services to individuals, government entities, and non-profits with land conservation and property right transactions across the state of Oregon. Areas include:
- contract preparation;
- due diligence (environmental, title review, compliance audits, etc.);
- closing and escrow review;
- conservation easements;
- trail easements;
- water quality trading easements;
- wetland and stream mitigation;
- in-stream water rights;
- historic preservation designations;
- property tax special assessments;
- willing-seller program development;
- acquisition grant review and consultation for funding organizations;
- general counsel to conservation organizations.
For more information go to conservation easements.