Land Conservation Transactions
Has a land trust (such as The Nature Conservancy), watershed conservation group (e.g., The Freshwater Trust) or a government entity (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, for example) offered to purchase all or a portion of your property for conservation purposes? I provide a full range of legal services to individuals, government entities, and non-profits with land conservation and property right transactions across the state of Oregon.
- Contract preparation
- Due diligence (environmental, title review, compliance audits, etc.)
- Closing and escrow review
- Conservation easements
- Trail easements
- Water quality trading easements
- Wetland and stream mitigation
- In-stream water rights
- Historic preservation designations
- Property tax special assessments
- Willing-seller program development
- Acquisition grant review and consultation for funding organizations
- General counsel to conservation organizations
For more information go to conservation easements.